Discover new ways of working that inspire your people to be their best, embracing collaboration and innovation in everything they do.
Need some inspiration?
Explore workshops for everyday challenges, or contact us to discuss the right solution for your needs.
Do you need to...
Review strategy and goals
Develop individual skills
Develop team skills
Innovation, Collaboration and Strategy Assessments
Where you are, where you're going, and how to get there
Team Health Check Assessment
How do leaders and team leaders continually adapt and update their plans as the world changes around them?
As a leader, are you constantly under pressure? Management expectations to maintain productivity and growth, time frames and tight budgets. Team expectations to lead from the front with a clear purpose and strategy.
With the emergence of hybrid working, your team’s purpose and ‘why’ are more important than ever. And while you know taking time to plan and review is essential, identifying what needs to change – and how to make that change happen – is often put into the “too hard” basket.
The Team Health Check is an opportunity to ask the question: “How well are we doing, and how can we do better?” And how well is your team adopting collaborative and innovative behaviours to make this possible?
A Hargraves Health Check is a conversation-style assessment. Using our successful format, tools and techniques, it’s an in-depth conversation to take the pain out of the process.
- Understand what’s changing – and what needs to change.
- Explore the blockers – what’s holding you back and why.
- Plan and prioritise next steps – objectives, actions and key priorities.
- A clear action plan which you can deliver in your timeframe.
- Access to downloadable tools to support delivery.
For an innovation focus, select an Innovation Strategy Health Check, including our innovation principles, building blocks and priority areas.
For a collaboration focus, select a Collaboration Health Check, including our collaboration principles and Collaboration Canvas and diagnostics to assess team collaborative behaviours.
We recommend 1 to 3 Leaders or Team Leaders. 2-hour, conversation style format; in-person or online.
Optional: Follow-up with a full team workshop to align team members with outcomes and explore tools and training to kick-start action.
Corporate Innovation Strategy Assessment
Leaders and decision-makers striving for growth and transformation need to take time to make sure they’re on the same page with a clear strategy and action plan. Designed as a comprehensive process to review corporate innovation goals and objectives, principles, barriers and priorities, the Hargraves Innovation Health Check provides organisations and individual departments with the building blocks to better serve and remain relevant to the changing needs of their world.
In this workshop, individuals with the authority and budget to drive change will work through the 3 stages of the Health Check assessment, tools and techniques:
Stage 1. Understand your current situation using Innovation Principles and Maturity.
Stage 2. Develop and implement People Centred Innovation with measures.
Stage 3. Identify areas and actions to achieve your goals.
- An understanding of the latest research, skills and techniques.
- A comprehensive action plan and clear direction for the organisation.
- Access to downloadable tools to support delivery.
Includes a pre-session coaching conversation to discuss key workshop objectives and steer the agenda.
We recommend 6 to 10 Corporate Leaders and Decision Makers with the budget and authority to drive change. 3-hour workshop format; in-person or online.
Optional: A complimentary post-workshop coaching conversation to explore the next steps.
Innovation and Collaboration Workshops
Discover tools and techniques for the modern workday
Healthy collaboration for high-performing teams
Today, there’s an increased awareness that nearly everyone is part of one or more teams. And modern teams are different – more diverse, dispersed, digital, and dynamic. As organisations and technology structure themselves around teams, every leader’s goal is to lead a high-performing team. And every team member needs to know they ‘belong’. Collaboration is essential, but is it that simple?
In our experience, collaboration thrives on 2 key attributes ― ’confidence’ and ‘connectedness’. If everyone in the team feels confident about their place and purpose and knows how to connect with others, collaboration will thrive.
In this workshop, we will explore what healthy collaboration looks like, why it’s essential and how to achieve it.
- Discover practical tools and techniques, including our 6 Pillars of Collaboration, the Collaboration Assessment Tool and Team Collaboration Canvas.
- Understand how healthy collaboration benefits everyone individually and the team as a whole.
- Build stronger team relationships, mutual respect and trust with team members.
- Take-away practical tools you can use over and over again to evaluate team priorities, actions and accountability
- We recommend 8 to 12 participants. 3-hour workshop format; in-person or online.
- Ideal for project teams, work teams, new teams, leadership teams.
For face-to-face team-building, add on Collaborizza.
For hybrid team-building, add on Collaborizza or 6 TeamPlays Cards.
For remote team-building, add on 6 TeamPlays Cards or Digital Team Builder.
Innovation Skillset: Equip yourself with the tools and skills to innovate
Your people are your organisation’s greatest asset and those who understand innovation principles, tools and methods – and how to use them – even more so. However, while most organisations prioritise innovation, many individuals are unaware of the key drivers. Therefore, they lack the confidence to innovate. However, we know innovation is essential for effective collaboration and high-performing teams. Consequently, it’s critical to your career and success.
Discover innovation as a different, more enjoyable way of working.
Through our research, we’ve found that innovation begins with the individual and their ability to ‘see’, ‘think’ and ‘do’. So equip yourself with the tools and skills to be an innovator, and have your ideas accepted. Be seen as someone who can make change happen, add value and contribute to the future success of your team and organisation.
In this workshop, we’ll explore the fundamentals of our 123 Innovate ‘See, Think Do’ methodology, and learn how to use the 123 Innovate Question Cards for ideas and creativity. Then, using our Pitch Tool, you’ll learn how to pitch those ideas successfully.
123 Innovate ‘See, Think, Do’ includes:
People – the individual and their ability to “see, “think”, and “do” differently.
Process – systematic steps towards a successful innovative outcome.
Tools – templates, tools, and techniques will help you complete the 123 Innovate process.
- Equip yourself with the tools and skills to innovate in your role and organisation.
- Be seen as someone who can make change happen, add value and contribute to the future success of your organisation.
- Hands-on experience using the 123 Innovate Question Cards – individual and team decks – to help solve problems faster and deliver better ideas and outcomes.
- Understand that innovation is a process that you can adapt to your role and customer needs.
- Develop the confidence to think through ideas and pitch successfully.
- We recommend 10 to 18 participants. 1-day workshop format; in-person or online.
- Includes a full set of 123 Innovate Collaboration Cards (Individual and Team decks) for all participants.
- Ideal for individuals and team members looking for new ways to innovate and measure ideas.
Innovation Mindset: Seek and deliver better outcomes every day
In the modern workday, understanding your Innovation Mindset is essential. This is especially true for those who contribute to or promote continuous innovation and improvement in their roles through identifying opportunities to do things better and leaders responsible for nurturing ideas and a culture of innovation in their team or organisation.
Discover your license to innovate and unlock your potential for career success.
Through exploring the innovation mindset attributes and tools, you’ll develop the confidence to work more innovatively. Then by learning how to identify your strengths and contribution to innovation, you’ll develop habits and behaviours to seek and deliver better outcomes every day.
In this highly interactive workshop, you’ll develop the confidence to work more innovatively.
- Use the Innovation Mindset framework to reflect on your own experience and understand how you contributed to making an idea or innovation happen.
- Realise your potential by learning how to engage with workmates to deliver innovative outcomes.
- Discover your innovation strengths to unleash your innovation mindset.
- Understand your role in accelerating team performance.
- Take practical steps towards making change happen and building innovation capability into your day-to-day work.
- On-line – we recommend 10 to 14 with the program delivered in modules over 2 to 4 weeks.
- In-person – we recommend 12 to 18 participants in a 1-day workshop format.
- Ideal for individuals who want to learn how to identify opportunities to do things better and work smarter.
- Ideas for leaders responsible for nurturing ideas and a culture of innovation in their team or organisation.
First-Step Strategy: Take the right first step to set your team up for success
Organisations recognise that teams are the engine room for change and execution. High-performing teams display focus and agility, competency and flexibility, teamwork and connectedness to others. Yet, in today’s demanding and disruptive world, teams are under pressure to continually re-invent themselves, re-form with new members, pivot, change and be adaptive. Success comes from how well you start and restart teams and projects.
In this workshop, we’ll explore how organisations can improve the health and performance of their teams without losing alignment to existing strategies.
- Explore how to start (or restart) your team strategy to deliver real, sustainable results.
- Learn to set up multi-stakeholder projects and programs to deliver successful outcomes.
- Innovate for positive experiences and engagement as well as new products and services.
- Understand how top leaders harness people power to build high-performing teams.
Get Hybrid Work Right: Develop your Digital Leadership Skills
Hybrid working means different arrangements for different teams. There’s no standard to follow – we’re all unique. So leaders need to create new best practices for their team or organisation.
Following the Digital Team builder methodology, Andrew Pope will share his approach, successfully implemented with numerous large private organisations and UK Government agencies. First, identify barriers and opportunities, then work through the engaging playing cards – based on collaborative techniques, behaviours and strategies – to find ideas for building your hybrid working practices.
In this online workshop, leaders and teams leading the change to hybrid work will develop the skills to get hybrid work right using existing digital tools such as Microsoft 365 – Teams and Yammer. (Each workshop is especially facilitated to suit participant needs, tools, and challenges.)
- Practical skills to engage colleagues in your toolset, both within and between teams.
- Techniques to lead balanced team-working regardless of location and time.
- Simplify working arrangements and create clear expectations of ways of work that support flexible but connected working.
- We recommend 10 to 12 participants. 2.5-hour session, online.
- Facilitated by Andrew Pope, digital culture and collaboration expert, and co-author of Designing Collaboration.
- Includes pre-workshop meeting and delivery of an action plan with skills that can be adopted immediately.
- Participants receive a full Digital Team Builder tool kit to continue their leadership journey.
- Ideal for one team or for a group of team leaders from a single organisation.
Firebox: Facilitation skills to deliver high-performing remote and hybrid teams
Accelerate outcomes through internal facilitation using existing tools to reduce time and cost.
In the face to face world, team building is obvious and routine, typically requiring 3 things: an agenda, a facilitator and a whiteboard. Then, the team does all the work. But energising remote and hybrid teams requires different skills, planning, and tools to maximise team experience and collaboration performance.
Firebox (Facilitated Interactive Remote Exchange) is a toolset, method and mindset. Based on design thinking and agile principles, Firebox transforms 20 years of facilitating into an engaging format for online delivery. Importantly, anyone who can facilitate a face-to-face meeting can use Firebox to deliver online sessions.
- For team leaders guiding colleagues through planning meetings and retrospectives, Firebox helps you become a confident and proficient facilitator.
- For leaders seeking self-led solutions, Firebox develops your remote facilitation skills.
- For experienced facilitators, Firebox hands you the controls to focus on running productive and powerful remote workshops and meetings.
In this workshop, we explore the facilitation techniques behind our Firebox methodology. That is, design and agile tools, along with tools developed and used by our experts to deliver interactive, online workshops.
- Skillset to facilitate interactive online workshops, improving teamwork and encouraging a sense of shared purpose, actions and outcomes.
- Mindset to encourage diverse perspectives and ensure everyone is heard.
- Toolset to increase creativity and examine issues from diverse viewpoints.
- We recommend 10 to 12 participants. 1-day workshop, online or in-person.
- Includes Firebox toolkit of templates, warm-up activities, trigger questions and more.
- Ideal for leaders, team leaders and individuals keen to develop facilitation skills.