Innovation Coaching FAQs
Why do innovation leaders need an Innovation Coach?
Innovation. It’s an ongoing journey, and you need someone in your corner.
- An Innovation Coach can help a leader find their blind spot. We all have them and we need an outsiders’ perspective to see them. This is especially true when it comes to innovation blind spots.
- An Innovation Coach takes a dispassionate view. Innovation can become very political inside an organisation. A leader needs an independent, objective point of view.
- An Innovation Coach can ask a leader questions no one else can. Leaders need to talk and work through issues with someone who has the outside expertise and permission to challenge and advise. The leader cannot have this same level of conversation with their superior or team.
- Great performers have a coach. People and teams who want to outperform their peers have coaches, whether business, leadership or personal coach. If innovation is important to you and your organisation, then you need an innovation coach.
How does innovation coaching compare to executive coaching?
“An executive coach partners with his/her clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximise their personal and professional potential.”
The impact of executive coaching is proven. The Economic Times reports, “Coaching resulted in an ROI of almost six times the program cost as well as a 77% improvement in relationships, 67% improvement in teamwork, 61% improvement in job satisfaction and 48% improvement in quality.”
Using this as a foundation, the following is a definition of an innovation coach:
“An innovation coach partners with his/her clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires and equips them to maximise their ability to innovate and help others to innovate.”
What questions will a coach asks that no one else will?
- What are we doing well that we should keep doing?
- What are we doing that is of no value — and that we should stop doing?
- What is it YOU most hope to do?
- What are YOU most afraid to do?
How do you choose an innovation coach?
- Is this innovation coach an innovator?
- Who else are they coaching?
- What is it about this innovation coach that is attracting this following?
- Can I translate the approach from the innovation coach?
At Hargraves, we’ve been coaching leaders and teams since 2006. Our friendly approach, diverse experience and ability to demystify innovation stems from a team of experts with personal experience working leading organisations and delivering innovative outcomes.
Their coaching experience spans thousands of leaders, hundreds of projects and millions of dollars in value.
Coaching can take place through a combination of different channels – face-to-face meetings at your office or somewhere close, Zoom, phone, email etc.