Shared learnings on how being social – using applications such as Yammer – is essential for collaboration and innovation
Microsoft hosted the cohort and the team from Digital Infusions, a digital consultancy specialising in social innovation through digital platforms (i.e., Yammer).
Scott Ward, CEO of Digital Infusions, presented a session on how social platforms such as Yammer can increase productivity and innovation throughout the workplace.
- Digital platforms enable insight and collaboration at all levels (i.e., a travel policy example was used to demonstrate how feedback from the grassroots level can influence senior leadership decisions).
- It is important that the leadership team is prepared to engage positively in these exercises.
- People need some new skills to use and be confident using social media well.
- Applications within Yammer (such as Ideocial) can be used as a crowdsourcing method.
- Industry relies on crowdsourcing for idea selection and development.
- Online communities can also provide other means of networking within an organisation.
- The BILIT™ model (brokerage, integration, leadership, incentive, trust).
We thank Microsoft for engaging and sharing insights with our Hargraves community.
Case Study written for Hargraves by y Adam Costantini, Contract Management Officer, Directorate of Base Services: Management, Integration & Coordination. Adam was a guest of Hargraves at the recent PSIA2016 Tours (September 2016).