It’s funny. In every workshop I run, I learn something too. More often than not, it’s a valuable lesson or insight from participants. This is the great benefit of our community approach. Knowledge is a two-way process.
We recently delivered Innovation Mindset to over 50 participants in workshops spanning Sydney, Canberra and Brisbane.
The best insight I learned is the comprehension about what makes some people, teams and organisations more successful than others. I discovered clarity about the importance of hard and soft skills.
Our Mindset research shows there is a set of beliefs, attitudes and behaviours (soft skills) that when combined with tools and skills (hard skills) create a ‘synergy bonus’ which Hull calculates to be around 58%.
“The synergy bonus is a key to why some enterprises are able to outperform others by achieving both kinds of generic competitive advantage simultaneously, efficiency and innovation.” (1 Hull, F and Collins, P; The Innovation Paradox; Strategy Research Institute; 2010
Where do you see yourself in ten years’ time? What part of your current job will still exist? What part will be performed by technology? What will you have left in your kit bag to promote yourself?
“To thrive in today’s innovation driven economy, workers need a different mix of skills than in the past. In addition to foundational skills like literacy and numeracy, they need competencies like collaboration, creativity and problem solving and character qualities like collaboration, curiosity and initiative. …Changes in the labour market have heightened the need for all individuals, and not just a few, to have these skills” (New Vision for Education- Unlocking the power of Technology, World Economic Forum, Prepared in Collaboration with Boston Consulting Group.)
To quote some of participants:
A fresh approach. So fresh and so clean. H Keighran, Dept of Finance
An innovation mindset is a core competency for the future and Hargraves will show you the way. W Prowse, Beyond Bank
Innovation is a process and I’m now part of that process. Great networking building opportunity. A Marshall, Dept of Human Services
I’ve read heaps of articles on innovation, doing this workshop made it all gel and I could see how I can ‘do’ innovation in my day to day job. V Boller, Dept of Human Services
Overall this masterclass helped build my confidence, I enjoyed it. N Wishart, Suncorp
Love the idea of innovation is about everyone, not just the specialists. J Lai, Holcim (Australia) Pty Ltd
Innovation Mindset helped these individuals, peer participants, to:
- Understand what drives innovation in their workplace.
- Analyse their own improvement and innovation experiences to understand their own strengths and development needs.
- Learn and use tools to apply and innovation mindset to their next challenge.
- Practice interpersonal skills of positive conversations.
Innovation Mindset is for you, if:
- You want success in your role and career, Innovation Mindset can help you to understand your skills to secure your future.
- You’re a leader seeking to boost team performance, Innovation Mindset will help you bring out the best in your team.
- You’re responsible for complex projects or demanding technical situations, Innovation Mindset will improve your delivery performance.
- You’re responsible for customer, employee or digital experience, Innovation Mindset will help you connect better through empathy, curiosity and creativity.
I invite you to collaborate, share insights and discover your Innovation Mindset.