Better remote workshops using Firebox - How To Session
In this 90-minute session, you will learn how to design and facilitate interactive brainstorming, problem-solving, and team building sessions using Firebox.
Using your existing collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams or Zoom, agile and design tools, online whiteboards and Firebox, you can deliver a great collaborative experience – online.
What makes this workshop different?
Think about your experiences with in-person workshops, carefully designed to energise participants and stimulate new ideas, insights and knowledge. The room layout, coloured pens and sticky notes, the process, visuals, facilitator, and even the food, are all selected to create an atmosphere and structure which encourages connection, creativity and solutions.
The challenge now is to re-create the same energy and dynamic in an online “space”.
Currently, most remote team meetings rely on presentations with some question and answer or discussion, which is great for keeping up-to-date but doesn’t work so well for deep thinking, strategy and generating new ideas.
You will experience:
- An online warm-up exercise to introduce yourself and explore the technology.
- Using trigger questions to identify issues.
- Working in a breakout session to probe ideas.
- Posting to an online whiteboard.
- Online voting to determine the group’s priorities.
- Video conferencing to discuss next steps.
- The chat function to give feedback.
You will learn:
- The differences in facilitating an online session.
- Tips and tricks for engaging remote participants.
- How to create and present content to encourage participation.
- How to use video conferencing with whiteboards to keep participants engaged.
At the end of the session, you will have created a self-development plan for online facilitation.
Who should attend?
This session is designed for people who regularly facilitate face-to-face workshops and want to be the best at facilitating online workshops. You can be a leader or team member, employee or individual from innovation, design or operational roles.
Based on our 'people first' approach, Firebox is a toolset, method and mindset with design thinking and agile principles. Using Firebox for remote workshops and meetings enables people to interact, builds engagement and belonging, and identifies new and novel outcomes all sorts of challenges.
- Free online workshop
24 June 2020
9:30 am AEST - 11:00 am AEST