Looking Back – Looking Forward
So much wisdom, so many insights and tons of ideas to put into practice, this is what you can expect at Hargraves Institute major events. When we can we film presentations so you can replay, or enjoy for the first time, in your own time and share with others.
Conference2016 was a real turning point as presenters shared a common understanding that enough is enough. The trend to make innovation more complex, more difficult and more ‘special’ is being reversed. In simple terms, innovation is becoming part of the everyday.
- The rush to make innovation a BIG process was stopped when Dom Price of Atlassian detailed how success comes from keeping things simple.
- The trend to more and more theory, flowcharts and audits was reversed when Kathleen Ryan from Mid North Coast Local Health District shared the practical activities of catalysts in the wards to deliver measurable outcomes.
- The importance of talent, understanding individuality, involving others was highlighted by Alex Blackwell, Vice Captain Australian Women’s Cricket Team.
As someone who cares passionately about creating the best places for innovation and work, the Hargraves Conference certainly ticks the boxes! The people, the environment and the permission to spend time thinking and connecting is what makes this event so worthwhile.
Building a culture of innovation in a rural local health district
Kathleen Ryan, Mid North Coast Local Health
How To “FIT” as an Innovator & Not Get Kicked Out
Warren Kennaugh, WK Global
From idea to execution – at scale
Cai Kjaer, SWOOP Analystics
The role of Government in enabling disruptive technology
Jennifer Mulveny, Intel ANZ
Workplace & The Affect Scenario
Matt Jackson, Affectors
Culottes to Contracts – My story as an innovator and leader in Cricket.
Alex Blackwell, Cricket Australia
Getting from Megatrends to Innovation
James Deverell, CSIRO
Customer Experience Innovation – Insight technologies on minds and emotions.
Avi Ratnanesan, Energesse
The following presentations are not available to watch however a PDF of the slides can be downloaded.
- Jon Seeley – Seeley International – Future-proofing Australian manufacturing
- Marise Hannaford – Baxter Healthcare – People, processes and technology combine for excellence in Healthcare